Re: [K12OSN] NIS (or other) authentication

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 08:59, Doug Simpson wrote:
> I would liketo be able to do central authentication.

I would then recommend using the PAM / LDAP / SAMBA combination that has
gotten so much discussion on this list. It is not-trivial to setup, but
the dividends are well worth it, IMHO. IIRC, there is a fair amount of
info on this somewhere in the wiki at http://www.k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/
and there is also a link to the list archives there.

--
   -Regards-

-Quentin Hartman-

Academic Computing and Networking Services Coordinator
Fern Ridge School District 28J
Elmira, OR
Office: 541-935-2253 x429
Cell: 541-914-2989