Re: [K12OSN] NIS (or other) authentication

Gentlemen
We are in the planning stages of having all student homework done via the net ( as of this year all students must have a computer or access to one in their home ) The school will have control of all computers allowed into the student network. A question was asked, how can we best maintain an adequate security that would eliminate students accessing to others files given the proper password.
Is there a circuit on the computer that can be configured to identify the sending computer that is reasonable tamper proof. I:E adjustable only by qualified personell either at time of installation or via the web. The idea being the router filter would not allow access if both id's did not match ( personal ID & computer ID.
Any suggestions welcome

John McQuilliams

John McQuilliams