Re: [K12OSN] ldap problems...HELP!!!

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 15:00, Barry Smoke wrote:
> I need to make sense of some problems we are having...
> any help narrowing down our problems would be greatly appreciated at
> this point...
> I am about out of ideas.

Yuk man. I know you already replaced the NICs, but it really feels like
a hardware issue to me. If it were just the authentication or just the
ssh stuff I would think otherwise, but since it's both...

If you have a managed switch like the more high-end HP's I use, they
might log bad packets and other transmission errors / garbage. You might
want to check those to see if they have any enlightening information for
you. I found a bad NIC in a workstation this was that spewing out trash
that was causing some performance problems for other machines. Failing
that, I would use tcpdump to look at the authentication sessions
directly and see if there is other garbage going on that is stomping on
your conversations or if your cabling or switch might be causing
problems. that should also tell you if the delay is in the sending /
receiving of packets or in the processing of them and taking action.

I am eagerly looking forward to hearing how you resolve this.

--
   -Regards-

-Quentin Hartman-

Academic Computing and Networking Services Coordinator
Fern Ridge School District 28J
Elmira, OR
Office: 541-935-2253 x429
Cell: 541-914-2989