[K12OSN] NFS mounting K12LTSP and LDAP....HELP!

Hi folks!

Ok, I've gotten my LDAP/Samba server up and running as a PDC with Windows
roaming profiles and all....so...now to integrate it with K12LTSP and get
some nice person to help write a mass user import script.

So....

What I need is directions on how to integrate this with a K12LTSP server.
I want my LDAP server to be a seperate machine that authenticates my
K12LTSP users and exports the home dirs to the K12LTSP server.  No users
or actual user data will live on the K12LTSP server....it'll all be
exported from the LDAP box.  I know it's somewhat possible as I tried the
whole NFS export thing with the copying of
groups/passwords/shadow...etc.....way back when.  I think it was Chris
Hobbs who showed me how to do that.  Now I want to do it with LDAP.

I need the how-to for all of it...even the NFS export and mount...as it
was so long ago when I did it before I've forgotten most of it.  How do I
set the K12LTSP box to authenticate to my LDAP box?  Do I use authconfig?

Second....

I could use some help creating a mass (bulk) import user script for my
LDAP/Samba set up.  I have two scripts that I use to create my
users....they are:

smbldap-useradd.pl
http://www.vcs.u52.k12.me.us/linux/smbldap-useradd.pl

smbldap-passwd.pl      http://www.vcs.u52.k12.me.us/linux/smbldap-passwd.pl

I've posted them for anyone who wants a look or they're also at
www.idealx.org  in the Samba projects area under smbldap-tools.

I'd like to be able to have the script use a text file similar to
username,First Name Last Name, password  (possibly group?)

right now I use the following command

smbldap-useradd.pl -a -m -c "John Doe" jdoe

That adds the user...and then I have to run the password script....

smbldap-passwd.pl jdoe
type new password:
retype new password:

It's the password prompt that throws me...otherwise I could simply do it
all with a shell script....

smbldap-passwd jsmith
smbldap-passwd jdoe
smbldap-passwd jjohnson
smbldap-passwd msmith

so forth and so on.....

Can anyone help out?  I haven't a clue about perl scripts and I could
really use the help.....fame and fortune could be yours...not to mention
my gratitude and the gratitude of others who would use this.

Thanks!  :-)

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School