[K12OSN] Re: newsgroup (was K12OSN list link

>Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 08:47:43 +1200
>From: Steve Wright <paua quicksilver net nz>
>To: k12osn redhat com
>Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Re: K12OSN list link
>
>anthony baldwin wrote:
>
>>[....]
>>I'm thinking about starting a newsgroup for OSS in Education, too, btw.
>>

>newsgroups often get 'taken over' by spammers etc.
>
>There has been some discussion on this list about splitting the list
>(user / devel) but the consensus was to leave as is.
>
>I think there is an LTSP list for the hardcore element among us anyway.. 8-)
>

>/steve

Well,
I wasn't thinking, necessarily, solely about the hardcore element.  I was thinking more of something more accessible to folks with less expertise, like myself, where we could interact with a hardcore element, for sure...something where teachers like me could learn more and discuss and have access to experts, but also, something that was more general, not project specific, where, for instance, OSS for Macs could also be discussed, for instance, like using Fink.  There are some great education projects in KDE of which schools using Macs could make great use, etc. (I use some of them on my iBook with Fink).
Although I can see your point about spammers.

tony

http://www.School-Library.net
Freedom to Learn!

School-Library.net