Re: [K12OSN] Re: K12OSN list link

On Mon, 02 Jun 2003 08:47:43 +1200, you wrote:

> anthony baldwin wrote:
>
> >[....]
> >I'm thinking about starting a newsgroup for OSS in Education, too, btw.
> >

> newsgroups often get 'taken over' by spammers etc.

No, just keep in on a local server. If it gets on the big usenet, it's
bound to go down, but as local group on a server, there is no problem.

Most of the lugs here in Denmark have their mailing-lists synced with
a local news-server. I actually prefer that setup, as I find it much
easier to sort out the relevant/interesting stuff using a news-reader
as on email.

> There has been some discussion on this list about splitting the list
> (user / devel) but the consensus was to leave as is.

I agree on that

> I think there is an LTSP list for the hardcore element among us anyway.. 8-)

Yep.

--
Venlig hilsen / Best regards
	Henning