Re: [K12OSN] win4lin

I would reconsider the idea that teachers are "completely Windows dependent." Here's a story that may change your mind:

http://k12ltsp.org/classroom.html

It speaks to exactly that issue. Here's another:

http://newsforge.com/newsforge/01/08/10/1441239.shtml?tid=23

--TP

Áncor González Sosa wrote:

I want to install a LTSP in the school where I work, but the teachers are
completely Windows dependent. I want to install Win4lin to make the transition
easier but I have some doubts. There is no evaluation version of win4lin so
I can't test some things and I have to ask somebody (you ;-) ).

I want the terminals running exactly as they were Windows workstations, with
acess to the local drives (floppy and cd) and soundcard. I want to share
most of the Windows installation (with symlinks). Can I make it with a
Win4lin Workstation Edition in the LTSP server or do I need the Win4lin
Terminal Server (NSSE) and a licence to each LTSP node?

Thanks

Do you Slack!?
Slackware GNU/Linux <http://www.slackware.com/> - Cleaner. More Secure. Was-His-Name-O.