Re: [K12OSN] Boot Disk reward: $100

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 00:02, James Jensen wrote:
> Well, I don't know how you are going to accomplish that with a rom-o-matic
> boot image, but what if you modify your dhcp.conf file and assign specific
> addresses to specific NIC MAC addresses.  Yes, I know, the protest would be
> that you are running your own internal DHCP server--but not really as
> nothing would be dynamically assigned.  All of the addresses would be
> static, the same box would get the same address every time.

    Yeah, that's the point I was making; tell 'central' that you're
putting in another PC like any other, and be done with it.  They don't
need to know how extra-cool these things are- it's just another IP/Mac
combination...

Brian Fahrlander                             Linux Zealot, Conservative,
Evansville, IN                                             and Technomad
ICQ 5119262                                    http://www.kamakiriad.com
Linux: it's all about choice and better software.      Live free or die.