Re: [K12OSN] Recommended thin client hardware

--- "Paul D. Eden" <peden americanphysicians net>
wrote:
> > I just bought three mini-itx main-boards with 2688
> cases and 256Mb RAM
> > assembled them, and put them on my server.
> > Up and running - no installation at all.
> >

> Would you mind mentioning were you bought them from
> and if you think you
> got a good price?  I am having a little difficulty
> finding a good
> reseller.
>

> > Check out the prices for pre-assembled and in
> parts. I was able to the
> > the components much cheaper than the same as in
> complete maschines, so
> > I assembled myself.
> >

> I did notice that pre-assembled seemed to be in the
> $350 to $400 range
> while I am pretty sure I can build for less than
> $300.
>
> I am pretty sold on building, but I am still trying
> to find a good
> reseller.

I have a EPIA 5000 from SolarPC.com and am pleased
with it. It looks like they have it for $189.99 plus a
$19.99 powersupply. They use their own aluminum case.
They say they have quantity and educational discounts
but I don't know what they are. I like the aluminum
case because it conducts heat better than plastic
does. I think it would be worth contacting them. I do
have to say, their website isn't the easiest to
navigate but they were very responsive to my emails.

=====
David D. Nelson
nelsda yahoo com