Re: understanding rsync - was Re: [K12OSN] rsync K12LTSP againstRH9?

On Sat, 2003-05-24 at 10:55, Gavin Chester wrote:

<snip>

> On Fri, 2003-05-23 at 08:57, Gavin Chester wrote:

<snip>

> > > On 19 May 2003, Gavin Chester wrote:
> > >
> > <snip>

> > <snip>
> >
> > <snip>
>
> 	<AND>

<snip>

> whereas at another two times it was treating the ISO as
> > one big file (or seems to) and so if a part has changed it does the
> > whole ISO again (doesn't it?).
> >
> > My problem is that I want to keep up with the disk images on a slow
> > modem

<snip>

Listers, thanks for your patience in putting up with a rule-breaking
Linux newbie who clearly failed to exhaustively read everything out
there on rsync before doing multiple postings to this list.  Thanks for
the help I got to understand my immediate problems.  Now, for other
newbies who have the same situation and concerns as me, I _finally_
found the right FAQ and Viki answers expressly addressing issues around
large, interrupted transfers of ISO files.  Look here:

1. Is rsync useful for a single large file (like an ISO image)?
http://rsync.samba.org/fom-serve/cache/60.html

2. Rsync-ing A Large File
http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/RsyncingALargeFile

Thanks, Gavin.