[K12OSN] How to stop RH9's fancy server console screen?

This question has a simple answer, but I can't find it!

After installing  v.3.1.0/RH9, I want to unplug the keyboard and mouse
from the server. How can I set it so there is a simple login on the
server console?

If I remove the mouse and keyboard before booting, X won't start on the
terminals or the server console. Removing them after booting would be
fine, until there's a power outage...

I'm not sure, but I think earlier RH versions were more tolerant about
this.

Thanks for any help.

John Ingleby