From: Julius Szelagiewicz [mailto:julius turtle com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 8:57 AM
To: k12osn redhat com
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] RPM Segmentation Fault (we've covered this somewhere)

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Matt Loretitsch wrote:
> Upgraded from 3.0 to 3.1 yesterday.  It's appears to have hosed my RPM
> database... When doing a rpm -qa it segmentation faults... Same with
> rpm -rebuilddb.  I think I saw this already on the list, but for the
> life of me I can't find it again...
Matt,
	this is *not* a symptom of hosed rpm database but of incompatibility
of programs and shared libraries. the quickest fix is to reinstall, since
you don't have anything there yet. julius

p.s. for 30 business users make sure the server is multiprocessor or 1
hyperthreading processor at the least and put in 4GB memory