Re: [K12OSN] How to stop RH9's fancy server console screen?

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 12:18:31PM +0100, John Ingleby wrote:
> This question has a simple answer, but I can't find it!
>
> After installing  v.3.1.0/RH9, I want to unplug the keyboard and mouse
> from the server. How can I set it so there is a simple login on the
> server console?
>
> If I remove the mouse and keyboard before booting, X won't start on the
> terminals or the server console. Removing them after booting would be
> fine, until there's a power outage...
>
> I'm not sure, but I think earlier RH versions were more tolerant about
> this.

In the file /etc/inittab, change this line:
id:5:initdefault:

to look like this:
id:3:initdefault:

save the file and issue the command "teleinit 3".

--
Jeff Kinz, Open-PC, Emergent Research,  Hudson, MA.  jkinz kinz org
copyright 2003.  Use is restricted. Any use is an