RE: [K12OSN] bootable CD

The Organization for Free Software in Education and Teaching (OFSET) has
produced Freeduc, a Knoppix/Debian-based Linux system with educational
software, all on one bootable CDROM. Version 1.1 of the Freeduc CD-ROM was
released November 5, 2002. Version 1.3 was released May 20, 2003.

http://www.ofset.org/projects/edusoft/edusoft.html

And of course, there's always Knoppix itself:
A German distribution. Take your KNOPPIX CD with you when you're on the road
and run Linux anywhere. KNOPPIX is a complete GNU/Linux installation which
runs from CD, with automatic hardware detection and configuration for many
graphics and sound cards, SCSI devices, and peripherals. Version 1.5 (the
initial Freshmeat announcement) was released May 29, 2002. Version
3.2-2003-05-16 was released May 16, 2003.

http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

--
Henry