Re: [K12OSN] bootable CD

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, David Dees wrote:

> Maybe someone can give me an idea on where to start on this.
> We have one school using a small lab with ThinkNIC clients and a linux
> server.  Everything is OK there
> Another school has there ThinkNIC spread out throughout the school and
> they boot from a CD supplied by Oracle as part of a grant.  Problem is

worse, ThinkNic (the company) has ceased operations, and the
hardware (power supply) and fans are relatively fragile.  I
have 8 on the bench for piecing replacements together.

As I recall the sources _were_ available, but I do not have an
image of that archive at hand.  I may have one on tape.

Does some one here know a locale (as at SunSite) where the
sources might persist;  It should be possible to piece a
replacement together.

Alternatively, Thinkic's will PXE boot across a lan just fine,
and the central server no doubt is more easily updated.

-- Russ Herrold