Re: [K12OSN] How to stop RH9's fancy server console screen?

jam McQuil com wrote:

[...]   Leaving the
server in graphical mode, causes you to miss any messages that
the kernel might be spitting out to the console.

as root ;

tail -f /var/log/messages > /dev/tty9 &
exit

Now you are logged out, the console is secure, and you can <ctrl><alt><F9> and leave the Server "saying what it's thinking" on-screen.

I have an old herc mono card + monitor lying around here, and I would hook that up and leave it scrolling /var/log/messages if I had the space to put it somewhere.. 8-)

/steve