Re: [K12OSN] How to stop RH9's fancy server console screen?

On Thu, 05 Jun 2003 08:41:36 +1200, you wrote:

> tail -f /var/log/messages > /dev/tty9 &
> exit
>
> Now you are logged out, the console is secure, and you can
> <ctrl><alt><F9> and leave the Server "saying what it's thinking" on-screen.
>
> I have an old herc mono card + monitor lying around here, and I would
> hook that up and leave it scrolling /var/log/messages if I had the space
> to put it somewhere..  8-)

A related question:

I alse have a couple of HGC cards and monitors standing around, and
would love to add a HGC monitor as you describe, to a normal PC, but I
havent been able to find out how to set it up allong with my normal
VGA running some GUI or what ever.

Do you have a hint?

--
Venlig hilsen / Best regards