[K12OSN] tuxtype install

Hi folks,

I am trying to install 3.1 using the desktop option and adding the
educational programs. When I try to run tuxtype I first get an error
that /usr/bin/.libs does not exist. When I create this directory, I then
get an error that gcc is not installed. Can some one help me get this
running? I am trying to sell a new teacher on the K12 package and need
to have a demo system up. Tux Typing will be one of the most used
programs.

Thanks