From: James Jensen [mailto:jmsjnsnsatx yahoo com]
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 12:55 AM
To: k12osn redhat com
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] RPM Segmentation Fault (we've covered this somewhere)

--- Matt Loretitsch <matt bird-technologies com> wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> 	Well great news here.....We are getting to go ahead to start working

> on a 30 workstation install.  This is not educational, but buisness
> instead. We have been using k12ltsp because it is fairly turn key and
> nicely laid out.  I'm a happy camper :)
>
> Anyhow... The question....
>
> Upgraded from 3.0 to 3.1 yesterday.  It's appears to have hosed my RPM
> database... When doing a rpm -qa it segmentation faults... Same with
> rpm -rebuilddb.  I think I saw this already on the list, but for the
> life of me I can't find it again...
>
> Anyone have any advice?  It's a prototype server at this point so I
> can reinstall it if I need to from scratch...
>
> Thanks!
> -Matt

Personally I would reload from scratch if you can since 3.0.x is based on RH
8 and 3.1.x is based on RH 9.  If you're prototyping/demoing you don't want
any surprises...

If you think this issue has been resolved you might do an advanced google
and see what you can find:

http://k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/index.php/Technical%3AGoogleK12osn

James Jensen
Spurs 1 - Nets 0