Re: [K12OSN] tuxtype install

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Tom Kovalcik wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>I am trying to install 3.1 using the desktop option and adding the
>educational programs. When I try to run tuxtype I first get an error
>that /usr/bin/.libs does not exist. When I create this directory, I then
>get an error that gcc is not installed. Can some one help me get this
>running? I am trying to sell a new teacher on the K12 package and need
>to have a demo system up. Tux Typing will be one of the most used
>programs.
>
>Thanks

This is now a verified bug. Out of my three machines, I get the same
"can't find /usr/bin/.libs" error on one of them.

I probably won't get a chance to build an updated package before Saturday,
but here's a quick fix that will get you rolling:

	rpm -e tuxtype
	rpm -ihv ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/apt/8.0/RPMS.k12ltsp/tuxtype-1.0.3-1.k12ltsp.1.3.0.i386.rpm

Or, you can follow the instructions Barry Smoked posted to upgrade to the
latest version of TuxType.

-Eric