[K12OSN] ATTN: Redhat Developers (OT)

First of all, let me say I am still a Redhat fan and Redhat remains my
Distro of choice. However, there has to be something done about the way
Redhat handles packages. Someone on another list summed it up best when he
said:

Most other distros have a package system that's aware of what's needed for
packages, is aware of where to get the dependencies, and is willing to get
them and install them for you automatically. For what it's worth, this
very problem is why I quit using RedHat.

I can't help but agree with that point. The number one reason people stop
using Redhat (or never start in the first place) is because of the package
management. I could go on and on but you get the idea of this message. I
think I am speaking for the entire community when I ask the developers:
Are there any plans for revamping the package management in Redhat? Must
we continue to strip out up2date and the such in order to replace it with
apt-get or another package? How much longer will "RPM hell" continue to be
the blotch that runs so many away from the Redhat Linux Distribution?

--
Caleb Wagnon MCP A+
Network Administrator

Fordyce Public Schools Redbugmail System.
   "Fordyce----Home of the Redbugs!!"
http://redbugs.dsc.k12.ar.us/