[K12OSN] Re: Primary grade Linus programs

>From: "Anna Do" <annatd hotmail com>
>To: k12osn redhat com
>Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 20:06:31 -0400
>Subject: [K12OSN] Primary grade Linus programs
>
>I am a first grade teacher interested in exploring the potential of Linux
>programs for the primary grades. Is there anyone else on this discussion
>group with similar interests? I am looking for a Linux-based program similar
>to Kid Pix that kids can use for painting.
>
>---Anna

You want Gcompris (from French J'ai copmris/I ahve understood).
It has a picture/painting component, plus numbers, letters, math, reading,
other computer skills.  It's a whole suite of games and activities for
children  3 to 10 (my 4 year old daughter loves it.)
Get it here: http://www.ofset.org/gcompris/

Tony B

http://www.School-Library.net
Freedom to Learn!