Re: [K12OSN] ATTN: Redhat Developers (OT)

I wasn't Redhat bashing. Eric has basically replaced up2date and put Apt
in with k12linux and its great. That's partly what caused my post. It
would be nice if Redhat would improve their package manager....or move to
apt all together. I'm voicing a concern that I have heard literally
hundreds of people say they would use Redhat.....but they despise the
package management. I would think this would be of some concern since this
one problem is driving so many people away. Many have said "if you don't
like it, switch to *insert distribution name here*. What's the big deal?"
The big deal is that's exactly what people are doing. That's fine, I have
no problem with that. That's the beauty of Open Source. The freedom of
choice. Maybe I've gotten too personal, but I hate to see so many people
flee from Redhat like the plague because of this _one_ issue.

--
Caleb Wagnon MCP A+
Network Administrator

Fordyce Public Schools Redbugmail System.
   "Fordyce----Home of the Redbugs!!"
http://redbugs.dsc.k12.ar.us/