[K12OSN] Bandwidth...

We are trying to setup a server for a educator's tech conference in a couple weeks. We are gonna need a wireless bridge between where our server is gonna be and where a couple workstations are gonna be in our booth. When I run a couple workstations over our new 54g wireless access points, it gets slow. We also have a Orinoco long range wireless kit that we use when we have major fiber issues - LTSP is slow there as well. I've tried a 10 Mbps hub and it seem slow then too. I guess I'm curious if there is anything we can do to make the 54g wireless access points to work? Eric or anyone else, can you give any advice? Thanks,
Tait Shrum