[K12OSN] apt-get question

I have recently started using apt-get with RH 9 and love it.  I had played
around with it a little experimenting with Debian, but having it work with
RedHat rpms is truly a blessing.  Sure beats rpm dependency hell!

I do have a question:  How or where do I find a current listing of the files
available from the various servers?  The man pages don't indicate a 'list'
command option for apt-get.  The sources are given in /etc/apt but there does
not appear to be a listing of packages available.  Is there a command or do
you have to go directly to the sites listed in /etc/apt?

Dan
Daniel Loomis
Curmudgeon Manor
El Dorado, AR