Re: [K12OSN] xbox as thin client for k12ltsp

We connected our PS2 to our k12ltsp system. As a linux box, not a thin client. Worked well.

The PS2 has a supported Linux. Costs $200 and includes a 40Gb hard disk and a mouse and keyboard. We want to look at using it to teach graphics and other stuff (and have not had time to do more ;-()

Gary

Barry Smoke wrote:

Has anyone researched what it would take to make an xbox a thin client...
$179 price tag makes it appealing, and using the xbox development software, I'm sure a boot disk could be made that would not require a mod chip.
of course, with a mod chip, the software could be placed right on the hard drive, and run.
add a keyboard, and mouse(xbox usb adapter to pc usb), and you are set...