Re: [K12OSN] upgrades as opposed to updates

--- Julius Szelagiewicz <julius turtle com> wrote:
> James,
> 	I love the idea of doing remote upgrade by means of
> "apt-get dist-upgrade"
> 	I love it even better with a full mondo backup. Would you happen
> to know which apt repository has mondo, or do i have to descend again to
> the "rpm dependency hell". julius

LOL!  You caught me there.  You have to 'descend again to the "rpm
dependency hell"' for Mondo Rescue as none of the apt sites carry
mondo/mindi (this would be something to suggest to Freshrpms! ;-)

Actually you might get away with minimal pain, the list of dependencies is
not very long for Mondo and they cater to Redhat so it shouldn't be too
terrible...

One note before you "apt-get dist-upgrade", as it turns out I don't think I
did it from 3.0.x to 3.1.0 after all.  It might have a rough go moving from
RH 8 to RH 9.  I am going to load up a box with 3.0.2 and try to
dist-upgrade to 3.1.0 and see what happens.  I will let you know, if it
borks out then that will answer that question, eh?

At any rate Mondo Rescue is truly a wonderful thing...

James Jensen