Re: [K12OSN] OT: Hardware question for thin client

On Sun, 8 Jun 2003, Dennis Daniels wrote:
> Is anyone using Open Mosix to create render farms for chemical chain
> renderings/ video/ 3D? I'm of the mind that the more 'super-computers'
> in a school the more likely students will try to max it out...

Dennis,
	the sane way is to use the *servers* for the cluster and to keep
the clients simple and cheap. The justification is rather simple: serers
stay up, terminals wink in and out of existence. beefing up the servers
makes sense - all gain advantage, beefing up terminals yields no real
advantage. think *thin* terminal *fat* severs. julius