[K12OSN] K12LTSP and Citrix?

Hello,

I'm new to this list, but I have some K12LTSP experience as I run a
K12LTSP v3.0 server at home (RH8).  I work in network support for a
school district in a New York suburb. We are have a Citrix installation
(and there won't be any change to that situation). It does work well,
except for the expense because the clients are NT4 workstations with an
ICA client.

I would like to incorporate K12LTSP into the existing Citrix
environment. I've heard this is possible, but I don't know how it would
be done.  Can anyone point me to some documentation that can help me
out?  So far I haven't had any luck finding any, except for the mention
that it's possible.  Is the ICA client run from the Linux server?  Also,
can I set up the accounts so that the user can log into the Windows
domain from the client login screen.

We're currently using NT4, but are migrating the servers to Windows 2003
this summer.  The Citrix servers are currently at Windows 2000.  The
standard workstations will continue to be NT4, at least until next
year.  We have one domain and the buildings are connected by gigabit
Ethernet.  There are about 2000 workstations around the district.  My
idea is to enable the oldest workstations get a KDE desktop (editable
menus) and applications from the K12LTSP servers and connect to Citrix
when Windows-based applications are required.  The user files need to be
saved on Windows file servers (not the Citrix servers).  There is an
existing DNS and DHCP structure in place.  Email connectivity to an
Exchange server from the Linux clients would be a plus (but that's for
another day).

I know I'm asking a lot the first time out, so please bear with me. If
this works out I hope to be able to use it as model to convince my
employer to deploy it in other school districts.  Thanks in advance.

--
Jim Anderson

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to
you."
	-Gandalf the Grey