Re: [K12OSN] Re: adding to squidGuard local-block list

Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:

> Dear Folks,
>         I'm trying to add a domain (webshots.com) to the local-block
> domains. added it and run db update:
> /usr/sbin/squidGuard -c /etc/squid/squidGuard.conf -C all
> .db files get updated, but the domain is not blocked. checked the
> spelling.
>         what am I missing here? julius

Did you restart squid?  You can do that by sending it a hup:

kill -HUP `cat /usr/local/squid/logs/squid.pid`

But your squid.pid file might reside elsewhere.

jthomas bittware com  http://www.bittware.com          (703) 779-7770
Sometimes experience is the only teacher that works - Mike Rosing