Re: [K12OSN] Re: clean removal of programs loaded from source

Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Steve Wright wrote:

Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:

	please help me in my senior moment - I just can't remember the
name of the program to use to allow for subsequent clean removals of
software installed from sources. tia, julius

??? you can't, unless you build an RPM first, viz checkinstall.

checkinstall! checkinstall! - memory is the second thing to go. julius

checkinstall doesn't remove the install, it just makes an RPM so you can ;

./configure
make
checkinstall
rpm -Uvh <packagename>