[K12OSN] IE5.5 with Media Player on Linux?

I've seen it done. Last week at the International Academy of Science, I was introduced to their newest project: a Linux-based application server for education (sound like K12LTSP to you?). They are running streaming video off of their server (it does that too) and they've got IE5.5 with Windows Media Player running on it. I think they're using WINE to make it work. They support it (streaming video) for clients running Netscape and QuickTime (I suppose for the Apple folks out there). But, my K12LTSP clients aren't supported with Mozilla and RealPlayer. Has anyone got IE5.5 and Media Player working on their machines?

I tried to get their techs to tell me how they did it, but they just looked at me and smiled. "So, I guess that means you're not gonna share with me?" I told them that there are hundreds of us on this mailing list who are doing what they're doing, only we aren't selling it as a boxed "plug and play" server. It's a great concept though. I think I may start a consulting business for other schools.

Richard K. Ingalls
Technology Coordinator
Glenwood R-8 School
awm002 mail connect more net
(417) 256-4849

"According to my calculations, the problem doesn't exist."