Re: [K12OSN] Sendmail question

On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 11:55, Ehrhart, Jay wrote:
> I am bringing up a Redhat 8.0 mail server with Sendmail.  Named is
> running on the box and name resolution works.  I can get to the web and
> Nslookup resolves.  I can receive email after changing the DAEM_OPTIONS
> port=smtp, Addr=my IP address so that it is listening on port 25 for
> mail connections.  I used the M4 utility to make the change.
>
> My problem is I can not send mail.  I get the following error in the
> log.
>
> Jun  9 09:01:28 free sm-msp-queue[13168]: h59G1Sik013168: to=root,
> delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=relay, pri=31873,
> relay=[127.0.0.1], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: Connection refused by
> [127.0.0.1]

    Yeah, you have something on the IP address of your card, but you
need either a similar line for localhost (127.0.0.1) OR just the one
line with 0.0.0.0.  I remember seeing it on Sendmail.org; it's one of
the frequently-asked questions.

    They offer the chance to treat mail to/from localhost differently
than the various network connections you have.  It's a good read- take a
peek!

Brian Fahrlander                             Linux Zealot, Conservative,
Evansville, IN                                             and Technomad
ICQ 5119262                                    http://www.kamakiriad.com
Linux: it's all about choice and better software.      Live free or die.