FW: [K12OSN] K12LTSP and Citrix?

sorry if this ends up on the list twice.

I have been playing around with K12LTSP for a while, and might be
introducing it for use in a non-profit organization in the fall.

I have the linux ICA client installed on the K12LTSP server and it works
fine from my test clients (P166MMX / 32 Mb Ram/ 4 Mb Video/ 10/100 NIC).   I
set the ICA client to run in full screen mode, and it works great.  There
are ofcourse some issues to deal with if you need to use local printers or
drives, but for regular ICA use it is fine.

I am sure if you wanted to have the default ICA client connection start when
the users Gnome desktop starts, and ran it in full screen mode, the average
user would never know they weren't on an NT4/Windoze machine.

The determining factors for the usability of Citrix in conjunction with
K12LTSP are ofcourse related to your bandwidth to the Citrix server, how
beefy your K12LTSP server is and how many client connections you need to
support.  In general, if your thinclient can support running the Gnome
desktop, it should be able to run an ICA desktop with the same resolution.

Paul Davison
IT Manager
PS Production Services