Re: FW: [K12OSN] K12LTSP and Citrix?

Thank you!  If I can install ICA directly on the server as you did, and
have users on clients have access to Windows apps on Citrix, I think I
might be able to convince the powers that be to look at this
configuration it will force them to take a real serious look at
deploying Linux.  I want users to be able to use the OSS applications
primarily and think of opening up a Citrix session as an option.

Tonight I plan to build a LTSP server that I can take to one of of labs,
and have test users log in to Citrix using a LTSP client.  If this works
well my next step will be single-sign-on authentication to a Windows
domain and load-balancing.

I got one of our top shelf network engineers interested in using a LTSP
deployment option.  So now, with this information, and his backing and
help getting  users to log in to the Windows domain from the LTSP
clients with PAM, I feel confidant that we can offer a lower cost
solution to school networking by using OSS components.

Hopefully, as things move along I can post some progress notes.

- Jim

--
Jim Anderson

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to
you."
	-Gandalf the Grey