RE: [K12OSN] K12LTSP and Citrix?

Jim,

If you grab the latest Citrix ICA client, and do the default installation,
it will allow you to automatically set the client up to work under both
Gnome and KDE.  The installer places the client on the 'internet' menu under
Gnome.

I have also used PAM to allow email users to authenticate against an NT
domain controller, so if you have any issues with that, I may have some
material that can help.  It was about 2 years ago that I set that up, but
the process should be relatively similar today.

Let us know how it works out.

Paul Davison
IT Manager
PS Production Services

> Thank you!  If I can install ICA directly on the server as you did, and
> have users on clients have access to Windows apps on Citrix, I think I
> might be able to convince the powers that be to look at this
> configuration it will force them to take a real serious look at
> deploying Linux.  I want users to be able to use the OSS applications
> primarily and think of opening up a Citrix session as an option.
>
> Tonight I plan to build a LTSP server that I can take to one of of labs,
> and have test users log in to Citrix using a LTSP client.  If this works
> well my next step will be single-sign-on authentication to a Windows
> domain and load-balancing.
--snip--