Re: [K12OSN] OT: Hardware question for thin client

Thanks for all the tips here! You've cleared up a question that had been buggin me for a bit... so if I understand correctly... then this might be something doable it's 'just' openmosix doesn't know how to handle a client 'winking out' very well.

If, and this a big IF, openmosix had better thread switching it would work, having lots of thin clients sharing processes using spare cycles?

Is it possible through LTSP to keep a node from being shut down through the terminal?...

am I wandering too far off topic?

Dennis

Shawn Austin wrote:
The problem with that is if an openmoxis node is rebooted, it will generally kill the application and hang the machine that it was launched from. A server cluster makes much more sense for things like this.
James Jensen wrote: