Re: [K12OSN] Fluxbox

At 12:02 PM 6/11/2003 -0600, you wrote:
Has anyone here used Fluxbox as a windows manager? The sources come in at about 373 K. I haven't built it yet, but I thought I'ld ask here about what the memory hit would be. An Icewm session takes about 3.5 to 3.6 megs of server ram for each session...

I hven't used fluxbox in a long time, I currently use openbox, a similar WM also derived from blackbox. the memory footprint of openbox is 2-3MB, depending on how you count it. My entire X-session with an xterm inside openbox, running free, consumes 9MB over just the CLI. I have heard that current fluxbox is very similar to openbox as far as "weight" and they use the same kinds of theme files. Hope this was useful.

-Regards-

-Quentin Hartman-
Academic Computing and Networking Services Coordinator
Fern Ridge School District 28J
Elmira, OR
Office: 541-935-2253 x429
Cell: 541-914-2989