Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP and Citrix?

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 18:26, Steve Wright wrote:
> cwagnon redbugmail k12 ar us wrote:
>
> >Huh? Do what? What is he talking about? I didn't know Redhat had anything
> >like this. Where's it at? Me likes new toys!
> >

> heh, haven't you learnt yet..  this is Linux.  There are countless toys
> under the hood just waiting to be played with.  8-)

When I did the install I selected "Custom"  I had the option of
selecting component groups "K12LTSP", "Education software", "Servers",
etc., plus I was able to add and subtract individual components, such as
client interfaces, etc.  I knew Samba was available, but, frankly, I was
surprised at how easily it was implemented and available in RH 9.0.  I
didn't do ANY configuration on either box to be able to get to and use
the files from the Windows 2000 shares!

For a newbie admin like me, with only NT experience professionally, I
find the ease of set up fantastic.  This level of ease will help get
Linux looked at seriously where I work (it's a training issue), and yet
there's still plenty of powerful command line-level ability as
familiarity and skills develop.  Every day I "play" with Linux I am more
and more impressed!!!
--
Jim Anderson

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to
you."
	-Gandalf the Grey