Re: [K12OSN] clusetKnoppix (LTSP+openMosix live server CD)

On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 03:07, Stephen Liu wrote:

> My problem is that I download the iso image on a Win machine with
> broadband connection.  The said machine has a Sony CD-Writer with only
> 4MB buffer working at 12X 8X 32X speed and running Easy CD creator.  It
> is not feasible to buy another Samsung CD-Writer with 8MB buffer to
> solve the problem.

What CD burning software are you using?  Both EZCD Creator and Nero have
BURN (Buffer UnderRuN) protection.  May be your's is switched off?  Also
you could try burning at a lower speed.  I think that higher burn speeds
might overtax the CPU or the IDE bus (just guessing here, but I have to
run burn my CDs at below the maximum write speed of my burner).
--
Jim Anderson

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to
you."
	-Gandalf the Grey