Re: [K12OSN] NFS /home but not apps?

The K12Ltsp system should, out of the box, allow what you want to do.

Our school is out of money, and I want to add 15 more already purchased (rather high-end) boxes to the 30 (or even 45 sometimes) existing thin clients. Our server is maxxed out, but I want to have the students be able to access their K12LTSP homes.

I've used NFS for a long time, and if the K12LTSP server provided NIS at log-on, then the implementation should work for the stand-alones.

Thank you to the person on this list who also mentioned the RULE project. I had forgotten that this existed. I think that I'll use this as a test for the stand-alones.

Regards,

Jim