Re: [K12OSN] clusetKnoppix (LTSP+openMosix live server CD)

--- Caleb Wagnon <cwagnon redbugmail k12 ar us> wrote:

> > Secondary IDE, slave.  Secondary IDE, master, is a CDRom.  I arranged
> > this connection on the first time when I test-booted a Knoppix CD.  I
> > have tried to arrange CDRom as slave and the burner as master.  Knoppix
> > CD would not boot on CDRom and I don't expect using the burner to boot
> > Knoppix.
>
> Just for fun, could you try setting your burner on its own channel as a
> master
> and moving your other cdrom to be a slave with your hd?

It may just be a bad iso image to begin with, if it's the latest.  Wim
re-released a corrected image and it's now out to all of the mirrors...

http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/
2003-06-11 - clusterKNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-06-06-EN-cl1 RE-released
the correct MD5SUM for clusterKNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-06-06-EN-cl1 is
b425c470409a479b5c415619703b1cf5
mirrors are updated

Knoppix, clusterKnoppix, otherKnoppixVariants have become very popular in a
very short timeframe.  (Besides being the ULTIMATE rescue CD) How are those
in the K12 arena applying this technology, if at all?  Just curious...

FWIW, I am rsyncing to the correct image, and will see how it plays
later...

James Jensen