Re: [K12OSN] Conference??

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:

>On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Scott Sherrill wrote:
>> Looking at the where question.  Since the members of the list are so
>> geographically separated, both in and out of the US, could we do it
>> by video conference?
>>
>> The disadvantage of a virtual conference is of course the time spent
>> outside of talks ...the schmoozing with peers, social aspects and
>> vendor time.
>>
>> Do people have the capabilities to do H.320 or H.323?  The idea is
>> moot if most people don't have the capability.
>
>As to where - hook up with Linuxworld is rather obvious. Teleconf is ok
>for people that already know each other well, otherwise it gets to be
>rather stiff. julius
>
>p.s. Eric, will you be at Linuxworld in SF?

I still have not decided if I will go to LW this year. I've done three
conferences in the last two months and have a couple more coming up.
I'm might be too burned out for LW ;-)

I will be in Hot Springs Arkansas all next week, hanging out with
Caleb Wagnon, Barry Smoke, and Tait Shrum.

And after I get back from Arkansas, it's off to Seattle with Paul Nelson
to the National Educational Computing Conference (http://www.neccsite.org).

And the week after that is the O'Reilly Open Source Convention here in
Portland. Jim McQuillan will be here for that.

So if any of you guys are going to one of those conferences, track me down!

-Eric