Re: [K12OSN] Conference??

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Eric Harrison wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Scott Sherrill wrote:
> >> Looking at the where question.  Since the members of the list are so
> >> geographically separated, both in and out of the US, could we do it
> >> by video conference?
> >>
> >> The disadvantage of a virtual conference is of course the time spent
> >> outside of talks ...the schmoozing with peers, social aspects and
> >> vendor time.
> >>
> >> Do people have the capabilities to do H.320 or H.323?  The idea is
> >> moot if most people don't have the capability.
> >
> >As to where - hook up with Linuxworld is rather obvious. Teleconf is ok
> >for people that already know each other well, otherwise it gets to be
> >rather stiff. julius
> >
> >p.s. Eric, will you be at Linuxworld in SF?

Scott,  Are you gonna be at Linux World ?

LTSP will be there again with a booth, and lots of people.

If anybody happens to be in the area, and would like free passes
into the exhibit hall, let me know, and I can mail them out.
I've got a whole bunch of them.

I'll be sending out the call for volunteers shortly, to get people
signed up to help with the booth.  And don't forget about the
traditional LTSP dinner, which is always loads of fun.

Thanks,
Jim McQuillan
jam Ltsp org