Re: [mail] RE: [K12OSN] Conference??

On 12 Jun 2003, Rob Becker wrote:

> May I suggest a compromise between Arkansas and Minnesota?  How about we
> host in Kansas City?
> Here are a few good reasons to have such a conference in KC
>
> We're central to most of the US.
> We have conference facilities that could accommodate a large gathering.
> Our airport should be pretty cheap to fly into from all over the US.

yeah but Amtrak only arrives late at night and very early in the morning,
lousy schedule from the East or West. and only one thru train running
Chicago to L.A.    not all of us fly!

> Although this email is meant somewhat jokingly, should such a conference
> come to be, it would be nice to see it occur in a locale that would
> allow for tight budgets to be accommodated.  Keep up the discussion on
> this conference.  It sounds like it could be fun and very fruitful for
> this community.

another place that is often overlooked is Baltimore, Southwest air hub for
the flyers, good rail and highway connections, DC for the families, and a
fraction of the cost of DC...for the cost concerned

Bob

safety deserve Neither liberty nor safety",    Benjamin Franklin
    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys smartnospam net