RE: [K12OSN] Conference??

Here's a thought sparked by the conference idea. We have also thought of having
Schoolforge conferences. Here in Thailand, I am meeting with a number of folks
in early July who are interested in open source in education in hopes of forming
Schoolforge-Thailand. I hope you will consider forming Schoolforge groups in
your local schools and communities. A Schoolforge group is the equivalent of a
LUG but with the emphasis on what schools need. Anyone in a school community
would be a candidate for membership, so students, teachers, parents and admin
could all join. Whole schools could decide to become members. Mine did.
k12os.org joined, too. If you formed a group, then you could join, too. Then,
when you meet in the conference, you could address all relevant issues.
Eventually, we could have international conferences.

Please have a look at http://www.schoolforge.net and if you don't already, post
your news announcements on http://news.schoolforge.net. This is a good venue at
which the "Army of friends" could gather.

David Bucknell
--
http://www.iteachnet.org
http://members.iteachnet.org/webzine *