[K12OSN] Server specs for 24 client lab

Hello list members!

I'm interested in setting up a server for my existing win98 lab. I have 24 stand alone boxes (Cel 1Ghz, 128 Ram, 20 Gb HDD). My students will most likely use Mozilla, OpenOffice and GIMP and some of the other stuff. But, for the most part, they will run Mozilla and OO concurrently. What should my server specs be? Do I need dual Pentiums or can I get by with a single P4 2.4 Ghz? And LOTS of RAM (2 - 3 Gb)? Can I get by with 100Mb Ethernet - I hope so 'cuz that's all I got.

Thanks people!

Richard K. Ingalls
Technology Coordinator
Glenwood R-8 School
awm002 mail connect more net
(417) 256-4849

"According to my calculations, the problem doesn't exist."