Re: [K12OSN] NFS /home but not apps?

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 14:51, Petre Scheie wrote:
> Richard K. Ingalls wrote:
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you want to do.  If you just want those
> 24 machines, running Win98, to give users access to their /home
> directories on the K12ltsp server, couldn't you just set up samba on the
> server (which will share /home directories by default)?
>
> Petre

    Here's another idea: don' t touch a thing. Make boot diskettes-
pop'em in and reboot when you want to run a real OS, pop'em out and
reboot to run that toy from Redmond.  :)

    If you don't want to replace network cards to make'em all the same,
buy dots:  Blue equals 3c5x9, Yellow equals SMC Ultra, and so on. Put
the dots on the computer and the disks.  Keep an 'image' of the floppies
on the server so you can always make more and voila! Dual booting,
problem solved.  Cheap!

Brian Fahrlander                             Linux Zealot, Conservative,
Evansville, IN                                             and Technomad
ICQ 5119262                                    http://www.kamakiriad.com
Linux: it's all about choice and better software.      Live free or die.