Re: [K12OSN] Server specs for 24 client lab

I just bought a server for a similar situation.  Here is what I bought:

Dual ATHLON CPU
2 - 60 GB HD (Hardware RAID)
4 GB RAM
3 - 100/1000 NICs

I would recommend buying for expansion.  The server I bought will handle much
more that the 15-20 clients I will put on it.  But, if I decide to add more
clients, it will be very easy to do.  Just pop in another client and the server
can handle it.  I don't want to buy a new server every year - which is what I
am afriad that I would need to do if I spec'd the server for the "minimal"
requirements for the number of clients I would start with.

Plan for the future.

Jim Hays
Technology Director
Monticello CUSD#25