Re: [K12OSN] clusetKnoppix (LTSP+openMosix live server CD)

--- Stephen Liu <satimis icare com hk> wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> Your advice noted with thanks.
>
> I expect to find out the cause because I met the same problem before,
> insufficient cache in burning Knoppix ISO image, compelling me to
> purchase a new Samsung CD-RW writer with 8MB cache to overcome the
> problem.
>
> B.Regards
> Stephen

Remember, use 700MB CD-R or RW media to burn your image as well.  *Knoppix
uses every bit of that space...

FWIW, for those that don't care to make coasters of their old discs every
time you burn a set of new distro iso's, burn them to CD-RW.

#Find your CD Burner put that in the "dev=" variable
cdrecord -scanbus
#Burn your iso to CD-RW
cdrecord -v -eject speed=4 dev=0,0,0 --blank=fast your-new-image.iso

See Section 4.3.3. of this link for more information...

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/getting-started-guide/s1-disks-cdrw.html

James Jensen